Current Land Use & Planning Committee
Chair: Matt Wersinger
Third Thursday of each month at 7pm at Del Rey Square, 11976 Culver Blvd
Committee Mission Statement:
The Land Use Committee is tasked primarily with reviewing and making determinations on developments within Del Rey that are seeking any kind of zoning or land use variances. The committee holds public hearings and asks developers to mail notices to the public inviting them to attend, allowing stakeholders a voice on projects within their communities.
Further, the committee has worked to improve both safety and mobility within the community. Task forces made up with committee members have a running dialogue with CD11, Caltrans, LADOT, and LAPD West Traffic and work continuously to identify and fund improvements to roads, sidewalks, bicycle paths and parks.
– worked to improve maintenance and conditions at Mar Vista Gardens with HACLA, RAC and CD11
– along with LADOT and CD11 we fought successfully to install a stop sign on Short Ave at Mascagni to help calm vehicle speeds in this residential neighborhood
– helped negotiate local improvements including a much needed stop light from developers in the vicinity of Culver and Slauson
– worked with CD11 to prioritize and fund safety lighting for the school crosswalk on Inglewood at Beatrice
– passed a motion mandating a bicycle bridge across the Ballona Creek in conjunction with any development plans at 5000 Beethoven
– worked with the developers of a large project on Beatrice at Jandy to scale the project down and improve the interface with the street and community